Piquant seasonings and a quick preparation give the humble chicken breast a special appeal - grand enough for a dinner for special company!
Ingredients Needed: (4 servings)
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil plus a dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 3 Tbsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- salt & pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
- Wipe chicken dry; set aside.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add oil, cayenne and garlic.
- Add chicken breasts. Cook, turning often, until cooked through.
- Transfer to warm platter; keep warm.
- Add mustard to skillet. Stir until blended and brownings are scraped up.
- Add cream. Boil over high heat until reduced and slightly thickened. Taste. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Good served with: Steamed fresh vegetables, buttered pasta, mixed green salad, crusty bread ... and for a special occasion, serve with a nice white wine. Serve a fresh fruit compote for dessert with butter cookies or pieces of pound cake!