This quick and easy broccoli and cheese soup has a smooth texture and mild flavor. Perfect for a quick meal any time of the year!
Ingredients Needed: (for 6 servings)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2.5 cups 2% reduced fat milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz. light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- Heat a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth and broccoli. Bring broccoli mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes.
- Combine milk and flour, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add milk mixture to broccoli mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Stir in pepper. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Place one-third of the soup in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Return pureed soup mixture to pan.
Calories (1 1/3 cups) 203; Fat (6.3g); Carbs (21.7g); Protein (15.6g)