A Chinese take-out favorite that can be made easily with no sauteing, stirring or frying. It doesn't get easier than that ... and it's full of flavor. You'll never want to get take-out again!
Ingredients Needed: (about 6 servings)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2-3 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- In a medium bowl, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil and garlic.
- Place beef into a large wok or skillet pan. Add sauce mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Cover and cook on lowest heat setting for an hour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup water and cornstarch.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and broccoli into the wok/skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for an additional 20-30 minutes (or until broccoli is tender).
- Serve immediately over cooked brown rice.