- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1 lb ground turkey sausage (sweet)
- 3-4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, chopped
- 6 sun-dried tomato halves, julienned
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb Penne pasta
- Grated Parmigian-Reggiano cheese (optional)
How to Make it:
- In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until softened, stirring constantly.
- Add ground turkey sausage and cook until lightly browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add chicken broth and reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, 15-20 minutes.
- Add chopped broccoli rabe and continue to simmer, partially covered, another 15 minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer, partially covered, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Drain pasta well and add cooked pasta to skillet. Mix well.
- Sprinkle a bit of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on top.
Recipe by "Mitsy"; Modified by Claudia