This recipe is a very old family favorite. My grandmother and mother used to make these all the time. This was always a special treat and whenever they were being made, the house smelled wonderful. Now I make it for my family ... and I'm teaching my daughter how to make them so the tradition continues!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 tsp anisette extract
- Crisco for cooking
How to Make Them:
- Mix all the ingredients (except for the Crisco) until batter is smooth and let stand for 1-2 hours at room temperature.
- Heat 9" or 6" skillet. Melt about 1 tsp Crisco in skillet.
- Using a ladle, pour about 3/4-full ladle of the batter into the hot skillet. Swirl the batter so that it forms a round crepe.
- When the bottom of the crepe has a light-medium brown color, gently flip the crepe over.
- Cook other side of crepe until it's a light-medium brown color.
- Remove from heat and placed cooked crepe on a warmed dish.
- Repeat the entire process with the rest of the batter.
- Fill center of crepes with your favorite filling. (I use a variety of jams like peach, apricot, strawberry, raspberry and, of course, Nutella)
- Roll crepes tightly and enjoy!