Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mamma Bracco's Meatballs

This recipe was passed down to me by my mother, Immacolata.  Sadly, my "mamma" passed away suddenly on January 29, 2013.  It was an unexpected shock to all.  Mamma Bracco was full of love, laughter and life ... and boy could she cook!!  I'm glad I have this recipe, and so many others that she gave me.  Hope you enjoy them!

Ingredients Needed:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 lb ground veal
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • fresh parsley, chopped
  • 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
  • dash of cinnamon
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • oil for frying
How to Make Them:
  • Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
  • Mix gently and form into golf-sized meatballs.
  • Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet; brown meatballs just a little on all sides.
  • When browned, remove and put into sauce; simmer for about 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment