This is a delicious way to serve cooked cauliflower and broccoli florowets. While the vegetables cook, you brown the fresh bread crumbs in butter which is their topping.
Ingredients Needed: (4 servings)
- 1 stalk broccoli; about 1 1/2 lbs
- 1 small head cauliflower
- boiling salted water
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick unsalted) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup soft fresh bread crumbs, made from homemade type white bread (or regular store-bought bread crumbs)
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower into flowerets.
- Drop broccoli and cauliflower flowerets into a large pot of salted, boiling water. Boil 10-12 minutes; until vegetables are just tender crisp.
- Drain. Turn into a shallow 1-quart serving dish.
- While vegetables cook, heat butter in a small frying pan. When the foaming subsides, add the breadcrumbs. Stir over low heat until crumbs are crisp and browned.
- Sprinkle hot broccoli and cauliflower with the hot, crisp bread crumbs.
- Serve immediately.