A little bit of a different twist on stuffed shells. This recipe uses artichokes, Prosciutto and Gruyere cheese. Fresh cherry tomatoes and basil give this dish a nice fresh element!
- 15 pasta shells
- 4 ounces canned artichokes in oil (drained)
- 3 ounces Prosciutto
- 2 ounces Mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounces cheese (such as Gruyère or cheddar cheese or grated mozzarella)
- dash each of nutmeg, pepper and oregano
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil
- 1 15 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp fennel (optional)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
How to Make It:
- Put canned chopped tomatoes in a saucepan and season with salt and pepper. Add the sugar , oregano , garlic and optional fennel and balsamic vinegar. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Cook pasta shells in salted, boiling water for about 8 minutes, or until they are al dente. Drain. Cool.
- Drain artichokes and cut into approximately 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cut Prosciutto into pieces and stir-fry for about 1-2 minutes in a non-stick pan.
- Combine artichokes, cooked Prosciutto, Gruyère cheese and mascarpone in a bowl.
- Season with nutmeg , freshly ground pepper and dried oregano; lightly mix.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stuff each pasta shell with the artichoke, Prosciutto and cheese stuffing and place in a deep baking dish or pan.
- Pour tomato sauce on top of shells.
- Top with the fresh cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes; until the sauce bubbles and cheese in shells begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with some grated nutmeg.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Recipe from kwestiasmaku.com