Not only is kale delicious, it has so many health benefits! It has more Vitamin C than an orange, a great source of alpha-linoleic acid (ALA), the omega-3 fatty acid that's essential for brain health, reduces Type 2 diabetes risk and boosts heart health as well, has 133 percent of a person's daily vitamin A requirement and has more calcium than a container of milk!!!! Do you really need more reasons to eat more kale?????
- 1 1/2 lbs young kale; stems and leaves chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until soft, but not colored.
- Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add vinegar.