Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Baked Beef Chimichangas


Do you love Mexican food as much as I do? I recently went to an authentic Mexican restaurant for my birthday and decided to try things that I've never had before. My main dish was Chicken Chimichangas. They were out of this world!! The next day, I was surfing the net for an easy, yet delicious, Chimichanga recipe. Based on all the positive reviews I read, I knew I found THE ONE. I opted for beef Chimichangas. The result was an amazing authentic meal that my entire family loved!! So, if you want to give it a try, you'll be surprised at how easy it is to make, how delicious it is and all the compliments you'll get!!

Ingredients Needed: (for 16 Chimichangas)
  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder 
  • 1 1/4 cups Pace Picante Sauce
  • 2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 16 flour tortillas (6 to 8 inches)
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
  • Sour cream (optional)
How to Make Them:
  • Preheat oven to 475.
  • Brown meat; drain but do not rinse.
  • Stir in picante sauce, cumin, oregano and salt.
  • Simmer 5 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
  • Brush one side of the tortillas with butter.
  • On unbuttered side spoon about a 1/3 cup of meat mixture into center. Sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese over meat (just a little).
  • Fold 2 sides over filling, fold ends down.
  • Place seam side down in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
  • Bake for 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
  • Top with more shredded cheddar, sour cream and a little more picante sauce.
Recipe from food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment