This is an easy, quick and inexpensive white clam sauce. It is a great introduction to seafood for the kids. They'll love the garlicky butter sauce and pasta! Serve it with some hot and crusty bread ... and a delicious Pinot Grigio (for the grown-ups!)
Ingredients Needed (for 4 servings):
- 2 (6.5-ounce) cans minced claims with juice
- 1/4 butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable (or canola) oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine clams with juice, butter, oil, minced garlic, parsley, basil, and pepper in a large saucepan. Place over medium heat until boiling. Serve warm over pasta.