Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pasta Primavera


I recently ordered Pasta Primavera from a nearby eatery. It was so good that I had to try and replicate it. I took note of the vegetables that were in it and how they were cooked. When it was time to make it, I didn't have an outdoor grill because my new patio was being constructed. Decided to make the veggies in the oven ... but my oven wouldn't heat up due to a broken ignitor! Luckily, the broiler feature in my oven WAS working, so I broiled the veggies, being very careful to not burn them! Making this dish was challenging due to all the obstacles stacked against me, but the end result was a delicious meal packed with yummy veggies! Feel free to use whatever veggies you like. You can be very creative with this one!!

Ingredients Needed:
  • 1 lb box of penne pasta
  • 1 large bunch fresh broccoli (use florets only)
  • 2 medium red peppers, chopped into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 large zucchini, skin on, sliced or cut into halves or quarters
  • 2 medium yellow squash, skin on, sliced or cut into halves or quarters
  • 2 medium carrots, shredded (I used a peeler because I wanted long, thin strips)
  • 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
  • good olive oil
  • salt & pepper, to taste
How to Make It:
  • Place all vegetables in a large aluminum tin or casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt and fresh-ground pepper. Drizzle with olive oil (use enough to evenly coat the vegetables).
  • Grill, bake or broil the vegetables (whatever you feel comfortable with). Cooking time will vary depending on what method you use!!
  • In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
  • Add penne and and cook according to package directions for al dente.
  • When vegetables are done (they should be soft, but still have some "crunch" to them), set aside and let cool.
  • Drain pasta and add to cooked vegetables. Mix well.
  • Add more olive oil (just enough to coat everything evenly).

No comments:

Post a Comment